Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wild Goose



"Silly goose" has been a playful phrase in my family since my own childhood.  As I bundle up against the November chill, perhaps it's time to rethink my choice of expressions.


Wild Goose

He climbs the wind above
    green clouds of pine,
Honking to hail the
    gathering migration.
And, arching towards the
    south, pulls to align
His flight into the great
    spearhead formation.


He’ll find a bayou land of
    hidden pools,
And bask amid lush fern
    and water lily
Far from the frozen world
    of earth-bound fools
Who, shivering, maintain
    that geese are silly.

Written by Curtis Heath, Leaf by Leaf (Selected by Barbara Rogasky)

1 comment:


  1. As a person you should know what are your priorities and goals so that it is easier for you to determine and decide when is the time to give up or go on.
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site for an offer you wouldn't want to refuse.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete